Hope you are in good health
Over the period of last 5 years, I have worked across different verticals of financial markets, my roles along my journey were
– A fixed income derivative trader (short term trading of euribor)
– A volatility trader(traded VStoxx, S&P VIX, India VIX )
– A technical analyst
– Equity research analyst
– Financial advisor ( Mutual fund, structured products, etc)
– Market/delta neutral trader
These different roles have helped me hone specific skill sets like
– Technical analysis of charts and price action
– Fundamental analysis of a company and valuation
– to read market behaviour from volatility trends
– Risk management and hedging skills
– Capital allocation
– to evaluate special situations like demerger, rights issue, etc
The point is whenever I find a idea at the intersection of these skills, I call it a “FULL HOUSE”. In poker, a full house is a combination of a pair and three of a kind.
The company is mainly engaged in development, maintenance and operation of airports, generation of power, coal mining and exploration activities, development of highways, development, maintenance and operation of special economic zones, and construction business including Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) contracting activities.
There is a special situation, in which, the non-airport business is getting demerged from the airports business.
We can own high yield assets with concession term of 60 years.
The technical chart
As a rule of thumb,
– I only play poker with the money I can afford to loose!
– I bet substantially on a full house, all in.
In poker, there is instant gratification since cards open quickly.
However, in markets, there is delayed gratification, the story/ cards will open over a period of years. Thus making it more intellectually stimulating and fun!
Let’s see how the cards unfold!
Bhuvan P Batra
Disclaimer: The above information is for educational purpose only. The author is not a SEBI registered advisor. Kindly consult your financial advisor before taking any decision.